Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pretending to be Phil

Today is Groundhog Day.  You probably know what that means.  But, do you know the real fun of Groundhog Day?  Well, for one, you can kind of act like a groundhog.  Two, you can ask your teacher to allow you to read all day, because you're pretending to be a groundhog and hibernating and reading.

Here's the bad part, though:  If you try to ask the president to be allowed to stay in bed all day and play video games or read or play with your action figures so that you can act like a groundhog on Groundhog Day, he'll probably say no.  I think it would be cool, but they haven't allowed it to happen.

Happy Groundhog Day!

Oh, by the way, I'm sorry for you people who are sad about six more weeks of winter.  I kind of like winter, so I don't mind that the groundhog saw his shadow.



P.S. My grandma was the first to get yesterday's first three Hink Pinks correct, but she missed the fourth one. My dad's facebook friend Ryan got all four correct, so he was the first to get the fourth one. The answers were: (1) Boy toy; (2) Mouse House; (3) Car bar; (4) Cheap Peep. Way to go Grandma and Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment