Friday, May 21, 2010

Read, Baby, Read

Your family should have a family reading time once a week.  Everyone in the family can take an hour or so and read a book of their choice.  You should also keep a family reading journal, so you can keep track of what you've read, how many pages, and stuff like that.

When you're done with the reading time, everybody should share what they've read.  That way everyone can enjoy the books.

It also helps you not to spend so much time watching TV.  Reading is better for your brain.

We did it tonight at my house and it was fun.  I read Pendragon.  My mom read the latest Sookie Stackhouse book. My dad read The Unlikely Disciple.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read any of the Captain Underpants books ? They are fun. And I also might suggest anything by Danial Silva for Mom or Dad...

    ReplyDelete