Saturday, October 16, 2010

Good Reads: Jerry Todd

Jerry Todd books, written by Leo Edwards, are really good. They are set way back in the first half of the 1900s in a town called Tutter, Illinois. Jerry and his gang (Scoop, Peg, and Red) have all kinds of crazy adventures and solve mysteries.

I don't usually like mysteries, but I had to read one for my fourth grade October book report. So I chose Jerry Todd and the Whispering Mummy. . I loved it. It's fast paced, fun, and funny. Those kids from Tutter are just crazy.

I also liked the book because my Grandpa Kip used to read them when he was a kid and then read them to my dad and uncles when they were kids. So I can carry on a tradition by reading them.

Traditions are important. I loved my grandpa and I miss him. This makes me remember him and feel like he's close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment