Monday, June 7, 2010

Cache Money!

I have a new sport for you and it’s really, really, really fun. It’s called geocaching. You need a GPS device.

You search for these hidden geocaches. Some of them have prizes in them. If there is a prize, you should take one and replace it with something for someone else to find.

Geocaching happens all over the world. There are urban geocaches and wilderness geocaches.

I found my first urban geocache called Seminary Square Park and Find on the last day of school.

There’s a great app called “Geocaching” on the iPhone, if you happen to have one. I highly recommend it. It costs $9.99, but it’s totally worth it. Now if my dad’s dumb iPhone had a battery that worked, we’d be all set. Stupid iPhone!

1 comment:

  1. I do LOVE me some Geocaching. There's a great series called "Hide in Plain Sight" Kori and I have been working on. If you see brenton8090 on the log, that was me, and if there's a heart with a K there, Kori was with me.
    There's a big Geocaching trip this Sunday, if you're interested.
    http://groups.google.com/group/bloomingtongeocaching/browse_thread/thread/fc26ec215407639a

    BTW, I thought it was time I gave you your summer comics reading assignment.

    Step 1: Start paying attention to who the writers and artists are on the books you read. Then you'll be able to recognize them on other books, and know to pick them up, just like with a book author. Often, it's the writer that makes a book good, not the character (Booster Gold is a great example! Geoff Johns brought him back in style!)

    Step 2: Comics are made by writers, artists, inkers, colorists, letterers, and editors. Find out what each job means, and what each person actually does. Knowing how comics get made will help you understand them better.

    Step 3: Over the summer, I'll try to give you recommendations for comics NOT made by the big two (DC and MArvel) to give you a broader perspective. Your first reading assignment: Go to the library. In the comics section, there are six volumes(books) called FLIGHT. They are "anthologies" a collection of short stories by independent comics writers and artists, people you've never heard of doing some crazy stuff. Read them all, and read them slow, even if there isn't any dialogue. Appreciate the flow of the art, and what it's trying to tell you. These books blew my mind! Try them out. When you're done, let me know, and I'll give you your next reading assignment, designed to make you a better reader.

    ReplyDelete